18th BIENNIAL EUROPEAN CONFERENCE OF SMDM
Linking Research to Evidence-Based Action for Patients, Providers and Policy Decision Makers
21-23 May 2023, Berlin, Germany.
Extended deadline for submission of short course proposals is Monday, 6 February 2023, at 23:59 (CET).
SMDM is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. SMDM encourages consideration of diversity in all abstract submissions including (but not limited to) gender, career stage, ethnicity, race, education, region/geographic location etc.
All submissions will be reviewed by the short course chairs and notifications will be sent out by late March 2023.
PRESENTATION OF ACCEPTED PROPOSALS
- All, Course Director and Faculty, must disclose conflicts of interest or perceived conflicts of interests at the time of course. Faculty will be asked to include a slide at the beginning of the course disclosing potential conflicts of interest or stating that there were no conflicts.
- All, Course Director and Faculty, must register for and attend the European Conference. Speakers are responsible for expenses associated with the submission and presentation of a short course.
- Use of product brand names is not permitted.
- Use of trademarks or registered service marks for any organization without their permission (except for clinical citations) will not be permitted. This includes but is not limited to the following examples: American Society of Clinical Oncology®, ASCO®, American Society of Hematology®, ASH®, San Antonio Breast Conference Symposium®, SABCS®, American Society of Microbiology®, ASM®, ICAAC®, DDW®, AASLD®, AGA®, ASGE®, SSAT®. A trademark can only be used to describe an event (e.g., Colorectal Cancer Report from the 40th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology). These trademarks must be used as narrowly as possible to avoid any confusion that the activity is sponsored by or associated in any way with such organizations or their events.
- Objectivity and fair balance mean that recommendations or emphasis must fairly represent, and be based on, a reasonable and valid interpretation of the information available on the subject (e.g., "On balance the data support the following."). A balanced view of therapeutic options also means that no single product or service is over-represented in the educational activity when other equal but competing products or services are available for inclusion.
SHORT COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY FOR ACCEPTED SHORT COURSES
- Accepted courses with fewer than 7 participants 3 weeks prior to the start of the meeting will be considered for cancellation unless the course is a “Priority Course”. SMDM “Priority Courses” consist of core courses, courses that were designed to meet grant criteria, and courses that align with the meeting theme or SMDM strategic priorities.
- Short course cancellation decisions will be communicated to all faculty of cancelled short courses.
SUBMISSION PROCESS OVERVIEW
- The course title should be brief and should clearly indicate the content of the course. Abbreviations may not be used in proposal titles.
- Enter faculty names, degrees, positions, and institutional affiliations in separate fields
Short Course Details
You will need to enter the following information:
- the Short Course Title
- Course Type (Full Day, or Half Day)
- Course Level (Advanced, Basic, or Intermediate)
- Course Limit, if any (maximum number of attendees)
- Course Overview: In 150 or less words, please provide a brief overview.
- Course Description and Objectives (max 300 words) (Provide a brief course description and state in bulleted format the objectives of the course.
- Course Background: In 150 words or less, please provide a brief background on the skills taught in this course and how they are used.
- Format and Requirements: In 150 words or less, describe the format of the class and include any prerequisites for participation, especially for intermediate and advanced level courses.
- Enter contact information for each person for the proposal (Course Director, and Course Faculty), their degrees, positions, their affiliation, country, and email address.
- One (1) Course Director is required for each proposal.
- Required for Course Director. Submitters may fill out the disclosure form for Course Directors.
- Review all information that has been entered
- Submit survey
- If you have additional questions or need technical support, please contact Emre Köse, Scientific Programme Coordinator: email@example.com